Saturday 9 March 2024

From DavidB: Little Red Riding Hood, Children's books, Lady Sarah's Cart (95 points)



I know little on Battletech. I bought miniatures back in the day, but they were platoons of infantry for house Steiner and Kurita. I was unaware that we were going to be using the mechs and infantry has always been my focus!

I do know the Atlas Mech and have been wrecked by them as the BBEG by the gamemaster who happened to like them too.
                                     
I will use these for house steiner or kurita. I block painted them in contrast paints then highlighted and shaded them in acrylic

I am definitely going to pick up more and perhaps now I can find a spartan missile mech and add some more light and medium chassis to the support lance.


I painted Wolf's Dragoons in Urban camo and red flashes

The Mad Cat is another mech I am familiar with.

They were also block painted in contrast paints before adding the blotches of urban camouflage and natty red striping.

A few dragoons showing the Abbey Road walk


Perhaps my ancestry, perhaps because they are splendid infantry models. I picked up some Ariadna Infinity troops with this duo of spec ops. I simply have to get the bigger box set with the rangers, dog soldiers and the rest now....

I did them in a zenithal highlight, and blocked in colors with contrast paint. the rest is layers of army painter triad air colors.

they turned out better than I expected and I really liked the crisp details. I lost the box, but it seemed with a wolf and girl that it would be appropiate to give her a red color with more tactical colors for the big bad wolf.

I am going to count the mechs as 28mm figures as even the scout mechs are larger than Little Red
I also have no idea on the scale of Battletech.

9 mechs for 45 points
little red riding hood and a big bad wolf for 10 points
book section bonus of 20 plus another 20 for Lady Sarah's cart, the Lady in Red will task the cart for a ride to the Manga section.
95 points


legion duel-no change
stompy robots of death move from 4 to lucky number 13
skulls.... 189 to 190

More great models here David... while Battletech was never my thing I appreciate the painting, the mechs look good. On the other hand the Infinity models are very nice too, Little Red RH and the BB Wolf are super, nice work.

95 for you and off to Manga...

Dallas
 

7 comments: