Saturday 28 January 2023

From Millsy: Hive Fleet Millsy* expands (30 points)

G'day All,

Another "palate flenser" to go along with my recent Genestealers whilst I wade through a pile of fantasy cavalry. This time its a trio of 40K Tyranid warriors which gives me a complete Kill Team, but which has (inevitably) transformed itself into a small [cough][cough] proper 40K army.

I blame Pete. You don't know Pete, but we all HAVE a Pete. He's the guy who gets you into games and armies you swore you'd never paint minis for or play. Bless you Pete, you complete and utter b*st@rd.



When a problem comes along, you must whip it!

Enough tongue to make Gene Simmons jealous

Eat, eat, eat. Repeat.

There's a Broodlord and twenty Termagants in the post from Troll Trader. If Royal Mail recovers from their recent cyber bullying fast enough those might also appear before the Challenge finishes.

3 x 54mm beasties = 30 points.

* I'm fully cognisant of the size of my ego and my cavalier attitude towards inserting my own name into everything. I just don't care. :-P

Cheers,
Millsy


Great looking 'Nids, Millsy. Nothing wrong with putting your name to them, everyone knows exactly who to blame later. The purple and red colours give them a very organic, yet alien feel. While I like the Alien-esque look of the warriors with the elongated head, chitinous armour and long slender body, I can't help but feel that the heavy weapons (is that still called a venom cannon, I haven't played 40K in years?) are comically oversized.

Also, I think I may be my group's Pete. 

16 comments:

  1. They look great, cool colour scheme! I’m unfortunately very good at being my own Pete. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great Millsy. I was trying to think who my Pete was, then realised it was me. In name and role.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise, except for the "in name" part. :)

      Delete
  3. Millsy has a very nice colour scheme, well done Millsy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comically oversized, isn’t that 40k in a nutshell? Disgustingly lovely Millsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unpleasantly splendid! I think we might all be Pete!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colour combination really sets those off nicely Millsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love a good chittering horde- good stuff Millsy!

    My Pete is AlanD. Thats why I got him into Turnip 28.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love em, mate. I love the bold colours. Hive Fleet Millsy should stop for a round at Mos Millsy for a short refreshment (a 'MillsySour'?) before feasting on the next planet like a visit to McMillsy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am my own Pete.

    Love the gribblies and the scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great, I can't tell you how many times I've tried to get into painting a Genestealer army, only to discard the painted results as they don't meet my expectations. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. In space, no one can hear you name hive fleets after yourself! :P
    They are looking very nice though - must be great en masse as well!
    TomC

    ReplyDelete