Sunday 17 March 2024

From PeteF: Going Out with a Full Thrust Fleet (22 points)

As Challenge XIV draws to a close I'd like to thank Curt, The Minions, and my fellow Challengers for another winter season of brush twirling fun.  With a new job and an infinity chore list at home it's been good to have a source of motivation to keep chipping away at the Pile of Potential.

This project is thanks to ShawnD - who's interest in space battle gaming resulted in the Full Thrust rules finding their way onto my shelf and this OUDF fleet onto my painting table.

The Oceanic Union Defence Force is one of many factions.  They have rather boxy spaceships. I went for a fairly simple colour scheme, partly inspired by Tamsin's Challenge XIII Scout ship.  I tried a metallic orange to start with, but I couldn't make it work so the OUDF ended up with plain orange, some washes and some dry brushery.

I believe the rules are free to download and that there's a fairly devoted Full Thrust community - I'm looking forward to trying it out now that I have a fleet to play with.

Scoring - I thought maybe 1 point for small, 2 for a medium and 3 for the large battle cruisers. That would be 8x1 + 4x2 + 2x3 for a total of 22 points.


________________________________________

Love these OUDF ships Pete! We played 'Full Thrust' when it first came out and quite enjoyed it and with your post I'll definitely look at the rules again to see how they've evolved. I really like how you got inspiration from Tamsin's work on her HUMUNGUS 'Spirit of Camberwell'. The orange you went with looks great - very businesslike and utilitarian. I'll accept your points suggestion as it finely balances your reasonability and my laziness to think of anything better. :)

I hope this fleet gives you good service in the vacuum of Spaaaace... 

- Curt
 

5 comments: