Sunday 17 March 2024

From DallasE: More Terrain for Lunar! (25 points)

                                        

Second last Challenge post from me and it's more terrain for Lunar. Haven't played the game yet but I definitely am ready - models all painted, mat purchased and delivered, and MORE than enough terrain. These were printed by Challenger ByronM in filament from STLs I purchased from Black Site Studios.

This is a pretty cool piece, it's the entrance to a buried hab pod.

These will also be useful, I think they're supposed to be oxygen tanks. I haven't "branded" the hab or tanks with any national insignia as I want them to be useable for either side.

Here's a crashed lunar buggy. Kinda neat.

I used one of the handy "NASA" decals on the buggy.

Not much more to say about this submission. As for points, I'm gonna claim one-and-a-quarter cubes, so 25 points.

Like I said, I still have one post to go. Not gonna tease it too much but it'll be something that's quite familiar to 40K enthusiasts "of a certain age". I've been looking for those models forever and finally found some. That's all I'll say for now!

______________________________________________

Wonderful work Dallas. These lunar terrain bits turned out a treat. I especially like the crashed buggy. I really appreciate how several game companies are now providing STLs for their games pieces. It's especially good for those in places like Canada where international shipping of physical product can be prohibitively expensive. 

Well done Dallas! I hope to have your final entry up today as well so stay tuned.
 
- Curt

6 comments:

  1. Nicely done. It has a very "Major Matt Mason" feel to it (speaking of enthusiasts of a certain age...).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on this project dude, this terrain looks excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your scenery. It's almost monochrome, but with occasional bits of colour. You can't really have too much! Looking forward to your teased next post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. more of these fantastic minis, I have so enjoyed your posts on these figures Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great space scape terrain. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve really enjoyed this moon base project.

    ReplyDelete