Sunday 17 March 2024

From ArthurS: The Final Post (5 points)

 Hello Everyone,

While I really like painting, there's loads of other things I also like and therefore when I reach my points target I am usually content to leave it at that. But this year I managed to find a figure I really liked a lot. This is a Turtle Spellcaster that I intend to use for DnD. His name is Serus Fernblood. 




The producer of this lovely miniature is Goose Miniatures, I bought him as my first online purchase with my own pocketmoney, but didn't notice it is a company located in the lands of the Snowlord. Since delivery from the Frozen Chaos Wastes takes forever, he almost didn't arrive before the Challenge ended. Luckily he came in time and I have painted him up. 

As he is a single 28mm figure he adds another 5 points to the total in the list for me. We tried to get a Blogger account for me so I could reply to all your excellent posts, but I am apparantly too young. We will try again next year, even if we have to cheat a little. 

_____________________________________

Wonderful work Arthur!

Yes, the postal 'service' in the Lands of the Chaos Wastes can be a bit of a Challenge at the best of times (but we make up for it with excellent curling bonspiels and poutine... Sorry, that's the best I can come up with... *shrugs*).  Nonetheless, I'm delighted that Serus arrived in time for you to get him painted before the curtains closed on this year's event. He's a great mini! I especially like the flames in his hands and his glowing blue eyes. I hope he gives you good service in your upcoming D&D games!

Thanks for joining us again Arthur! I very much look forward to seeing what you have for us next Challenge.  Take care and have a great Spring!

- Curt

11 comments:

  1. What a great miniature and what a great painting job, Arthur. You have become quite an accomplished painter, goed gedaan man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly evil looking but rather quirky and cool to, great way to finish your challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colour choices Arthur! I also really like his glowing blue evil eyes!
    May Serus Fernblood bring terror & fear to your DnD games!
    Looking forward to seeing your talents in next challenge 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great final entry Arthur. I like the shading and highlighting on the face and great colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great painting Arthur and a great way to finish your challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be great fun to have your own painted figure to game with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work on this figure, especially the tortoise face.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks Great Arthur! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good work Arthur! Next time a higher target to keep you busy to the late nights and to the end of the Challenge. Good looking mini and nicely painted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work Arthur! It’s been great to see you progress over the years.

    ReplyDelete