Sunday 17 March 2024

From SanderS: The Last Post (25 points)

Hoi,

Well that didn't go as planned at all! I had this really cool post in mind to introduce the main two characters of my Bretonnian project to you all, but in the end I just about managed to finish the characters and a few terrain bits. 

If you have been following my Bretonnian progress you will know that the eventual leader of my force will be Louis Baron de Montelor. The foot knight presented here is my Mordheim version of said leader. Why a Mordheim version I hear you ask? Well in the old Bretonnian army books there's this little piece of background story that says that most girls that show magical abilities, are taken away by servants of the Lady to be trained as damsels. A small portion disappear and an even smaller portion aren't claimed by the Lady but sent off to the Empire to learn at the Colleges of magic there. I imagine Madeleine,  Louis' sister, to be one of the girls sent off to the Empire and somehow finding herself in Mordheim,  with Louis tasked with the quest of retrieving her. 

Here they are supposed to be a the tourney of the Duke of Brionne where Madeleine will meet an empire wizard that will invite her to the Empire, while Louis "dukes it out" (pun intended) on the field. Sadly neither Louis' opponent nor the wizard are finished yet. 





The buildings are 3D printed by my Printer farm, I have managed to get both my Anycubic FDM printers going again and in between printing a tavern and a castle keep, they managed this great set for games of Full Tilt









The buidlings do not count for much paintwise so let's say they are good for 10 points together? That will make a grand total of 20 points. 

All that remains to do now is put together the traditional "End of Challenge Post" Curt will be asking of us soon I suppose.

Thanks for tolerating me once again this year and I do hope to see you all next year.

Cheers Sander

___________________________

You are more than tolerable, Sander. Well, just barely. :P

Wonderful work on these two classic Mordheim miniatures. They look to be perfect characters for your Bretonnian collection. I really like how you crisply pulled out all the assorted detail on the knight, and his sister's hair is quite lustrous and fetching. This all being said, I think the star of the post is the brilliant jousting pavilion and stands. They look absolutely spot-on for watching a good tilt or two. Great work on adding that punch of colour with the heraldry on the pennants and shields. I think this set is worth another 5 bonus points. Bravo!

Thank you for joining us once again for this silly winter diversion. I hope you have a great spring and summer, keeping in mind to return to the Challenge when the weather turns cold. 

- Curt


12 comments:

  1. Wow Sander, what an excellent finishing post! The miniatures are ace, but I agree with Curt that the buildings really steal the show here. The wood effect is great and the heraldry really puts the finishing touch on them. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice work here Sanders I to love the wood effect and they will just lift the gaming, just so good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work all around but the favorite for me is the Damsel as that was the first model I painted in the first army I ever collected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that terrain is just awesome! Love that knight and lady too, well done Sander!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work on the classic figures, you’ve nailed the colours and a backstory always make miniatures far more interesting. The scenery is brilliant, great job on the wood which is always trickier than you think to get right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really nice work, you just have to love that

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bretonnia is so evocative- I love the story and what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great old school post. Very fun scene.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stuff, Sander! Your general quality is so high, that sometimes lower quantity is acceptable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work Sander. Really enjoyed this project

    ReplyDelete