Monday 5 January 2015

AdamC - Dark Age Warriors (36 points)


 Now we have 6 more 28mm Dark Age raiders that should be good for another 30 points


Not much to say about these that hasn't been said in other posts I did this group as all spear-men so I could theoretically use them as skirmishers.


The most ambitious of my hand painted shields in this batch a bird of pray or maybe a raven as was popular among the Vikings


 For the rest I went with much simpler designs


 Runes always make good shield decorations

 More geometric lines and shapes


 Runes again this time without any pater behind them


Finally the spiral lines this ones a favorite approach for me as it looks cool but its fairly easy to do.

From Curt:Nice work Adam! No one can have too many Dark Age raiders, well, except for villagers, priests, farmers, young women... Okay forget that. Nice shields thought (the raven one my personal favourite)!

13 comments:

  1. Nice work on these. This army is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting very good at the free hand on your shields. The bird of prey is a nice effort and I also like the spiral shield. As you said, that does look cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "except for villagers, priests, farmers, young women... "
    Will no-one think of the cattle?!?

    Great stuff Adam. Keep em coming mate and we want to see a group shot soon too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darkages is my thing, so very pleased to see more of it in the challenge. Nice job on these with lots of decoration, just as it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come on Curt.. Time you hand painted some shields... Just like these lovely ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a nice addition to your dark age forces Adam :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done. Whenever I see Dark Age troops it makes me always think of the film 'Erik the Viking'.
    The spiral shield design is a very cool idea, which I'll probably be borrowing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Borrow away Roy! and yes Dark Age raider do tend to be hard on a few villagers, priest and maidens... not to mention cattle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to concur, Adam, a group shot of your horde wold be nice! Good work on the shields too, I like the raven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once the project is done I will post them all. At the moment there are less then 20 including a few from before the challenge and a couple that can't be revealed yet because they are tied to on of the Bonus Rounds

      Delete
  10. A fearsome bunch. Nice shields.

    ReplyDelete