I tried to paint them in tones to emphasize the 19th century look. For the one female figure I extended her dress to a more decent length and added an apron with some putty. I wasn't really sure about the coat so defaulted to a canvas slicker. The other one I had trouble with was the gent in the sweater. I tried for a tartan pattern but it ended up looking like an ugly Christmas sweater.
For the second half I tried out a test paint for my Martians from All Quiet on the Martian Front. This is one of the metal drone miniatures. I considered both going with all black or chrome but didn't really think I could pull off either one. I decided to try for a more Steampunk look with brass and a metallic greenish blue. I'm going to have to try it out on one of the full size walkers next.
Very cool. I like how you repurposed these modern miniatures for your Victorian Sci-Fi game just by a clever use of putty and using a 'victorian' earth-tone colour pallet (the 'ugly Christmas sweater' comment made me laugh). That's gotta be worth a point.
I also really like that metallic green-blue you achieved on the walker - it looks very sharp especially contrasted with the brass accents.