Saturday 26 December 2020

Bruce R 40pts for 4 more Old Sweats Battle of Little Bighorn

 Home for Christmas has some painting being done.  Here are four more foundry Old Sweats for our Battle of Little Bighorn project.  Named on Foundry's page Horn, McDonnell, Cocoran and Conner.  Foundry has dismounted figures in the same character and this is great.  Maybe not next, but will attempt to get them done during the challenge.  

Here are Horn, McDonnell, Cocoran, and Conner.




The group in full.


The group with the dismounted in the painting line.


Okay, back to the "Chambers" for a side gig.

So 40 pts for 28mm Cavalry.

Stay safe and enjoy the painting.  Bruce

11 comments:

  1. Bruce, these chaps look fantastic! I really love your colour palette for the horses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit. I hate painting horses. I've taken to using my airbrush. I live in Northern USA, so cold during the months I paint. Airbrush allows me to base coat in doors. So, black base coat. Red Brown 45 degree spray. Strong wash. Then I've gone from different colors for highlight. Flat earth, Beige brown, Ochre Brown. Now I don't hate them. Cheers. Bruce

      Delete
  2. Nice work on the cavalry Bruce. I’m always amazed that people hate painting horses I quite enjoy the freedom and variety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting better! Working on my phobia. ha.
      Thanks. Bruce

      Delete
  3. Loving seeing this group grow 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great addition to your force! Well done Bruce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking additions to your little big horn project!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking cavalry. Looking forward to the matching infantry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another four great characters. Good job!

    ReplyDelete