Saturday 26 December 2020

KenR - Hall of Traps - Bradford City Season Ticket - 25 pts

 

I would like to present the new seating for Valley Parade (the home ground of the English Football Team Bradford City). Many people, like myself have been trapped in the endless cycle of buying Season Tickets watching rubbish football and falling further and further down the football league, do I give in ? By jove no !

So rather than having the option of sneaking out at half time whilst pretending to make a phone call, fans will be encouraged to remain in their seats through a new range of reclining padded chairs enhanced by luxury leather restraints.

The anguish shown on the face of the figure is modelled on an actual Bradford fan after losing 2 nil to Accrington Stanley on a cold, wet, windy Tuesday Night in November when Accrington brought 17 fans. 

The figure itself is 28mm from a game called Malifaux, its one of 6 figures I got in a box set for a Jack Daw crew and the remaining figures will feature as I try and get through the Chambers. I make this 25 points, 5 for the figure and 20 for the bonus. Next up the first unit from my Allied Italian Legion.



24 comments:

  1. Good one!!! Lucky me, I'm not a football fan at all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love Bradford then, not a lot of Football happens there either 🤣
      Regards KenR

      Delete
  2. Well done Ken, next season will go much better I’m sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely have to watch it all with these new seats 😄
      Regards KenR

      Delete
  3. Haha! Brilliant. Well done Ken. You should take up watching swimming tourneys instead: you get to sit indoors and the 'view' is much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bradford in the Winter often resembles a Swimming Pool 😄
      Regards KenR

      Delete
  4. ...and I think I'll score this poor fellow as a 'mounted figure'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius. I have similar issues being a Port Vale fan, although I'm lucky enough to live 250 miles away. Ill top you Accrington Stanley, we lost to Barrow-in-Furness today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin, we will have to call it a score draw though because we also lost to Barrow earlier in the season 😀

      Delete
    2. You two are like a couple of old codgers fighting over whose bones hurt more.

      Delete
    3. The joys of supporting Lower league football clubs includes large doses of pain, thats what makes the good times so good !

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Most definitely, losing a lot makes a win more beautiful 😄

      Delete
  7. Great looking figure! I remember Bradford coming to Barnet and they still had their premier league coach after various relegations!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah the premier league years.... so long ago, a distant memory, like a dream !

      Delete
  8. Great looking figure and a nice explanation for how it fits the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, brilliant stuff! Good painting too. And having a nice club shirt counts for something, surely?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you're at the bottom of the lowest level anything is a positive 🤣

      Delete
  10. Brilliant, as a previous season ticker owner at Field Mill and having adopted the Madison Capitols and the Madison Mallards locally I can empathize.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely know how I feel if you a follower of Mansfield 😅

    ReplyDelete