Saturday 26 December 2020

from RayR - Haitian Standard Bearer 5pts

 My duck is broken, I've managed to get my first entry into the 11th Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge before the end of the year, but its only a tiddler.

I had a spare Haitian Rebel/Slave figure, so chopped off his sword and drilled and pinned a flagpole.


As for the flag, there is a reference online saying the Slaves carried a flag of a Moor head on a white field in 1790.  https://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/ht-hist.html


I'm sure I got the flag from Stuart on Dust, Tears & Dice Blog, but I may have found it online?
Can't remember?

Oh well, should be a massive 5 points!


20 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the Challenge Ray!

    I'm delighted to see you are still adding to this great collection. I'm going to give you another point for the banner (very interesting history regarding it as well).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the banner and the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice banner and figure!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to have you back Ray. Flag and hat are aces, plus we get to tease you about Donnybrook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work on a unique looking figure, Ray. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Ray, I say be adding that hat to my summer wardrobe 😉
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ray, that hat is the most dapper attachment a man could have! Great work on the skin tones and that super crisp banner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, the Haitians are back, very good! Very nice figure, love that flag. With cloth like this, who needs a uniform anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice kick off Ray, currently listening to the Revolutions podcast about Haiti.

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete