Saturday 26 December 2020

From StuartL - Welcome to the Chambers of Challenge Inn - 45 points

 I hope that everyone had a good Christmas. As for myself, my better half was at work all day, so I could spend my time with a brush in hand. Sure, it's not the traditional way to spend the season, but it works for me.

It also allows me to introduce the staff from the Chambers of Challenge Inn to you all as I enter the Larder chamber. The theme here was all around cooking and cuisine, which led me to paint up some NPC's for D&D.


Here we have the innkeeper's assistant and the innkeeper/ale tester himself. These figures are all from the Reaper Bones range, a great source for NPC minis who will probably see less time on the table than they did on my painting desk. 


And the bar maid with a tray full of victuals for some hungry adventurers or AHPC challengers.


And finally the kitchen staff. I like how the gnomish chef seems to be protecting the pig, rather than preparing him for the pan. Maybe he's explaining to the customers how it is time they all went vegan. 

So there we have 5 NPC's all ready for the gaming table. Given my usual group, I expect them to either murder everyone in the inn, raze the town and lay waste to the countryside, OR inexplicably decide that the whole campaign revolves around the pig and spend most of their time and resources trying to place the pig on the throne. I honestly couldn't tell you which way they'll go.

Anyway, that lot nets me 25 points for the minis, 20 points for the Larder AND is 1 Squirrel point of D&D themed minis.

My running duel totals are:
GW Points - 215
Skullz - 81
Squirrels - 1

And the way is open to Level 2 


17 comments:

  1. Awesome npc's Stuart, they will be handy for loads of different games!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Taverns and inns seem fairly common in most fantasy RPG's, so I should get some use out of these figures once face-to-face play becomes an option.

      Delete
  2. And the Squirrel challenge is underway!
    Nice NPCs, Stuart - I like the way you've decorated the barmaid's apron (I've the same figure on my painting table). And that gnome chef is a great figure - as you say, looks like he's made a pet of that pig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noel. The barmaid mini does have a pattern on the apron, though it's not particularly easy to see before the model gets some paint on it.

      Delete
  3. Very good selection of minis for this room in the Island Dungeons. The dwarf with the beer mug and barrel is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The drinking dwarf is a nice sculpt. He's in quite a relaxed pose, rather than the usual action scene, waving a weapon style usually found in RPG minis.

      Delete
  4. Those are great NPCs. I’ve made use often taller figures for my SYW project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter.
      Not many Gnomish chefs in the SYW then? Shame.

      Delete
  5. Supergroup of figs and so versatile for so many settings.
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ken. Hopefully they will see some use next year.

      Delete
  6. Great work Stuart - the barmaid and vegetarian cook are ace. I also quite like the sound of your gaming group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Curt.
      My group is reliably unpredictable. I'm never sure what they'll do, but I can guarantee it's not related to what I have planned.

      Delete
  7. An always-handy group of figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always find NPC's invaluable. Monsters and minions are all well and good, but set dressing makes every game better.

      Delete
  8. Great looking bunch of npcs! The barmaid and chef are particularly fun!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very nice group of characters. The fish lady looks like a pitchman (pitchwoman?) demonstrating some newfangled multifunctiontal hatchet you too could own on a market. The barmaid is a gem, well done!

    ReplyDelete