Saturday 26 December 2020

From BenitoM: EIR Auxilia Sagittarius (Western) Unit (30 points)

Hope everybody had a good Christmas Eve Eight and Christmas Day. As Spain imposed limitations to celebrate family gatherings, I took advantage of a very quiet Christmas morning to progress with my painting work. My third entry in the Challenge this year is a unit of Early Imperial Roman Auxilia archers, to reinforce my Infamy! Infamy! Roman armies. 


In the game, archers (as well as slingers and some allied tribal unist) act in skirmish order, cannot from in close order or fight in close combat. These skirmish class units are usually made of 6 models and have an embedded command or "Supra Numerum" to activate.

 



The models are 28mm metal figures from Wargames Foundry, but unlike some of my Gaul/Briton models from the late 80s, these were recently acquired (actually, I planned to be part of the 10th edition of the Challenge, but I was not able to have them in time).

 


This entry scores 30 points (6 x 28mm models @5 points each), taking my Challenge balance to 95 points. The models also score 30 points in the Roman and His Enemies duel.  

 

I'm planning now my  next step in the Challenge Island Dungeons. I have only covered one room so far, but I had an idea to move into The Pit of the Pendulum room. Stay tunned.

13 comments:

  1. Spectacularly, notably good stuff Benito ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benito. Excellent work. Infamy is great fun. Bruce R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice looking Romans, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on these venerable Foundry Sagittarii Benito. Looking forward to more on this project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work on these, Foundry figures are still the biz
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splendid looking Roman archers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent! I have a unit of these fellows in my painting line also. I hope they come out as well as yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous work Benito! They look like they're ready to dish out a world of pain to those hairy arsed barbarians...
    As much as I hate to have to break it to you, you still need two more ;-) Roman Skirmishers have (for the most part) a strength of 8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized this yesterday night when I was checking the Germanic OOBs... I'll need to paint two additional models

      Delete
  9. Romans are always great. These look very good, very crisp painting. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job Benito. Those Foundry sculpts are beauties.

    ReplyDelete