Saturday 26 December 2020

From ChrisF - Curtgeld Mini 28mm (5pts)

 This is a Grenadier Dungeon Raider #8119 by Julie Guthrie circa 1993. A nice dungeon party figure as he has a couple of bags and some rope as well as the lantern. 


I was able to get some lantern glow on him, better than some of my past results. I wonder how come it takes six coats of yellow for a decent shield or cloak base, but the minute you want just a subtle shade of yellow for a light source, it leaps off the brush with a vengeance and coats like lane marker paint?



With my entry mini done, I'm back to some 15mm for a bit. 






11 comments:

  1. Great looking mini Chris! He looks like he'd fit right in with my Malta 1565 project... Hmm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super figure, perfect to wander the Challenge Chambers
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant model and that lighting is super cool and atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He’s great, lovely subtle tones on his gear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a splendidly turned out adventurer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great figure with a lot of character, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My experience with OSL is that it is much more difficult on light coloured surfaces. Great figure!

    ReplyDelete