Saturday 26 December 2020

from PaulO'G: Nurgle Blood Bowl team (2 points)

 This is one of those WIP projects that wasn't quite done when the challenge period started, but I had a lot of fun finishing them. Reilly has another team in a similar position - our painting rate was slowed because we were too busy playing with them on the pitch most days, so not an entirely vexing situation :-)

These are GW figures which the Lad bought for me for Father's day...last year, so its great to give them some attention with us enjoying the new edition of Blood Bowl.  I went with a non-green Nurgle look and doing all the washes and glazes on the pustules was fun (I even got to use my 1980-something tentacle pink paint at last!). I also enjoying playing the GW Oxide technical paint to get the verdigris look on the armour.


So the only actual models started and finished during AHPC are in fact the 2 balls, which are disgusting Nurling beast creatures (and have funny rules for them also).  And thus I claim just two points for this submission.
Recently watched Peaky Blinders, thus the "Red Right Hand" on the team captain

25 comments:

  1. Those skin and wound colours are superb!

    Still holding us in suspense with your skull-bomb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate

      Skullz are a dish best served cold you know :-)

      Delete
  2. Fantastic looking Nurgle team and balls!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look terrific Paul! I really like the skin tone you've gone with. Marvellous stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt - yes, wanted something a bit different to the typical pale green/yellow

      Delete
  4. Bleck! Nice work on these disgusting players.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look absolutely vile. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Firmly in my wierd stuff category I have no idea what I'm looking at, but they look great 👌
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen those two balls in the oozing flesh, and they made me feel queasy. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paul these are fantastic! I love that sickly skin tone, it's truly gross in the best kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom - I will take your retching in the manner in which it is intended :-)

      Delete
  9. Great skin tone, they look a nasty bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stuff Paul, I really like the verdigris on the bronze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul - yes, a bit of an experiment which should be useful for wider application

      Delete
  11. I find these figures singularly unattractive, but the paintjob is ace!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I find it really hard to paint Nurgle stuff a very fine job on these uglies

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete