Tuesday 19 January 2021

From AlexK - A Kill Team tester, a little late, Kill Team tester (5 Points)

 With a few challenges under my belt I have come to the conclusion that there are two types of people taking part. 

 Group 1 is well prepared, organised and fully stocked with not only models ready to paint, but also a plan on how this is to be achieved. These people I imagine are high flyers in real life, real "Go getters" and roundly mock those who dwell in Group 2. I am 100% in the second group, unorganised, ill-prepared, the type who wouldn't know a painting plan if it kicked them squarely in the pants! Far removed from the high achievers of Group 1, Group 2 members consider having an evening meal that isn't breakfast based an achievement. Group 2 members may well find themselves a third of the way through a challenge before registering any points due to an inability to decide what figures need painting, dear readers this is where we find ourselves today!!

But, at long last a figure has emerged from the painting desk. This lucky soldier was the "amuse bouche" for this years challenge. He is a test figure for a Games Workshop "Kill Team" that I hope to paint over the coming weeks. I am in a very fortunate position of having two nephews who have shown an interest in the hobby and like the responsible uncle I am, I whole heartedly jumped onboard with buying a lot of used GW "Crap" off of eBay and now the hobby area is festooned with jars of cellulose thinner, IPA and Dettol and models is varying degrees of undress.





As far as test models go I am quite happy with this fellow. Admittedly basing in sand was a mistake and the cheetah pattern helmet may not be carried through for the team and the skin may be a tad to dark, but at least I know what I am painting now. A small 5 point step to start, but a step none the less. This chap will also be my entry fee for the challenge, hopefully someone needs a slightly jazzed up boy in their Ork army.
That's all for now, 8.51P.M, time for some cornflakes I think.


And another late boarder for the flight - welcome aboard Alex! Nice test figure.

Tamsin

 

8 comments:

  1. Splendid looking ork! My nephews started off with 40k,separately from me nut I certainly encouraged them and we now play mainly historical wargames, took 30 years of course!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic looking Ork. The cheetah pattern on the helmet is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a snazzy ork there.

    I think you have done a bang-up job on the ork flesh. It’s green, but not overpowering or gaudy in the classic GW color.

    I like the cheetah skin helmet, but keeping it for Da Boss might be a good idea!

    More, please

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about those of us who had a plan but then get distracted by ooh, shiny squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start on your boyz there! That cheetah helmet is fantastic, but I don't think I could paint 120 of them! I barely have the time for checks on my green tide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great look Nob (love the cheetah helmet). He'll be a fine addition to someone's painting cabinet. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Result Alex, dipped under the barrier, well done. Some of us Group 1s have to be organised or we run off in random directions and get nowt done 😂
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete