Tuesday 19 January 2021

From SimonG: A Harpy to Relocate to Level 2 via Sarah the Sorceress (27 points)

Having worked my way backwards through Level 1 I now wish to use a Sarah the Sorceress teleport to get me into the Hatchery on Level 2. My submission in return for this favour is a Black Rose Wars Harpy from the Inferno expansion.


My belief with this figure is that she's actually originally an angel guarding the garden of eden now fallen with Lucifer into the pit below and spending eternity guarding the wood of the self murderers in Circle VII, Ring II of Dante's Inferno.





Hopefully she doesn't fall foul of any NSFW censorship! As far as I can tell most of her clothing is feathers plus a brass breastplate -- at least that's the way I've interpreted it 😉 




This figure (a 38mm PVC sculpt ready assembled as part of the game) needed some fairly radical surgery before painting -- luckily there were some fairly obvious places to cut around the shoulder wing line. Originally I think it was a one piece with both wings and the shoulder girdle -- there were some pretty large gaps around this I needed to fill.


The real star of this piece are the wings, other areas are rather sketchy (especially the upper torso) -- but the wings came together well with a Turkey Vulture as my painting guide!



With entry to the Hatchery I've a couple of egg products to work up and then onto the Armoury where I'm spoiled for choice on what to paint! Anyway this submission nets me 27 points -- 7 for a 40mm figure and 20 for the relocation bonus.



That's a great mini - I'm sure Lady S will be happy to teleport her for you.
Tamsin


12 comments:

  1. Splendid looking fallen angel! Very nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain -- large expanses of bare flesh are not exactly my favourite thing to try and paint!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Peter -- the hands are a bit large and screwy - although given the weird body mechanics I'm not sure what they should look like :-)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful painting work. Really nice looking lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Benito -- great thing about this whole challenge is how it gets you to practice painting different things and help you learn new approaches

      Delete
  4. Nice work, the wings look marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stuart. Again not sure they’re biologically realistic but they look impressive!

      Delete
  5. The fingers and feathers is a bit odd, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus the hands are really large as well 🤨

      Delete
  6. Super figure, the feathers on the wings have come out really well.
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ken. Along with horses I think feathers are now some of my favourite things to paint! Makes a change from all that plate 😀

      Delete