Tuesday 19 January 2021

From PeteF: A Dragon's Egg for the Hatchery (21 points)

 In a bout of enthusiasm for Kings of War, I purchased a set of tokens and objectives (as well as some other stuff) when third edition was published in 2019. There was a handful of 1" circular tokens for use in scenarios (one of which was cracked) and six or seven plastic objective markers. Mantic's price of $40 left me feeling a little violated after an underwhelming unboxing. 

Nevertheless - the detail on the objective markers is quite nice and, one of them being an egg, the set at least provided something to paint for The Hatchery. One of the first minis I ever painted was a Citadel Miniatures Red Dragon so the lizard baby had to be red.

This is a terrain piece - about 1" across and a little over 1" tall - so worth 0.12 of a point? I'm rounding it up to 1 point plus the room bonus of 20.


I love the way you've painted this Pete-  it's totally got the vibe from Alien going!

BTW here is an article I found about how they made the eggs in the 1979 movie and made it look nasty by including sheep intestines and a cow stomach

https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/02/alien-eggs-behind-the-scenes-roger-christian/

Cap'n Wednesday



6 comments:

  1. I agree with Barks,nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking egg, the colouration of the shell looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great brushwork Pete! I really like the little snout breaking through the shell. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super looking egg, wouldn't want to meet what came out of it 😁
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete