Tuesday 19 January 2021

From MikeF - Level 3 of the Chambers of Challenge - The Knights Solar, The Laboratory, The Snow Lord's Treasury - 84 Points

 I managed to crank out a few more chambers over the weekend and rather than post them separately like last time, I'm combining them into a multi post.

After finishing the tomb, I'm descending into the 3rd level of the Chambers of Challenge. 

Knights Solar

First up is a dismounted knight form Reaper Miniatures. I painted him up for my Bretonnian Army and he'll be responsible for leading the peasant men-at-arms and hopefully turning them from a terrible unit into a mediocre unit. I upgraded the models sword to reflect being armed with a relic weapon. It was a nice model to paint, being metal and all one piece.



25 points

The Laboratory

This was the hardest room for me to figure out and I may have phoned it in a bit. I searched every miniature I own for some science theme. I eventually came across a werewolf model in a lab coat holding a clipboard. The model is from HorrorClix and is pre-painted. I had to roll my eyes at myself for painting a pre-painted model that I would have never painted otherwise, but figured it was the closest I would get to the spirit of the chamber. To add to the scene, I painted a dungeon terrain shelving unit from Mantic Games. The shelves have several bottles on it and when the werewolf model is placed next to it, it looks like the werewolf model is reaching for them. I figured that the scientist was mucking about in the field of Clinical Lycanthropy (which actually appears to be a real area of study) and accidentally turned himself into a werewolf. He's frantically trying to reach for the antidote on the shelf before he's overcome by his condition.



"Which ones the antidote!" - Last words of Dr. Wolfenstein

I figure the shelf would be around 5 points for a total of 30 points.

The Snow Lord's Treasury

The 3rd chamber is the Treasury. I had a few chests from Mantic Games which were originally empty. I rolled up a rod of green stuff and cut it into pieces to make coins. The chests were filled with PVA glue and the coins put on top. I like that Mantic left the chest lids separate to give you the option of having them open or closed.

I decided the treasure needed to be guarded, so I painted up a model from Reaper Miniatures. I think it's supposed to be some sort of ghoul. 

I'm not sure what his nutrition and workout plan is, but he's showing some crazy gains while guarding that treasure!




I figure 1 point for the chests for a total of 29 points.


 

Thanks for visiting,

MikeF


Well, that's a lot of chambers visited in one post. Cracking work Mike. 

Tamsin

10 comments:

  1. Love that knight. It’s a Werner Klocke sculpt, he has done a ton of models for Reaper and I have painted several of his knights, they are just great albeit rather huge! I’m also in for some trouble with the Treasury, although I have an idea for the Laboratory...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have an apothecary or techmarine?

      Delete
    2. I do, but my idea is a bit more... exotic!

      Delete
  2. Very imporessive progress in the Challenge Island dungeons! An greta entry too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! Steaming through the chambers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work. The werewolf is a really good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s a whirlwind tour of this level. Great work on all of these figures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good work on these; I like the skull!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A veritable sweep! Well done Mike. You did a very nice job on that classic knight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats one hell of a leap through the Chambers, well done
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete