Sunday 21 February 2021

From MilesR: Good Lord, Not Another Stalingrad Related Post (1,720 Points)

 

Ha! made you look, this entry only really has 172 points!


The grind continues - In this submission there is yet another full Soviet Infantry Company  in 15mm scale.  The figures are from Plastic Soldier Company (PSC) and I'm almost done assembling and painting the Battalion box.


The company consists of 3 platoons (2 equipped with rifles and one with SMG's).


The 1st platoon, complete with 50mm Mortar section

The 2nd platoon and behind it the Company HQ (3 figures) plus the Companies heavy Machine gun section.
Lastly the 3rd Platoon.  These are based using the "no-painting" basing technique and I think blend in well with the terrain.

I am short of 50mm Mortars and will need to scratch build some.  I've got plenty of crew from the PSC box so hopefully they will not look too silly.



For a change of pace - how about some Germans.  8 snipers from Peter Pig.  The bulk of the German forces are being provided by friend and club member Tony M.  Thats a real boon for me as he is a MUCH better painter than me and it makes this project a bit more feasible to pull.
A little light armor support for the Germans in the form of 3 Panzer II's.  These are also Peter Pig models.  I really like PP's infantry but the vehicles leave me a bit cold.  They all have molded on storage which limits their utility for larger games.  If you only need one of two then these are fine models.
In terms of points this submission has 74 Infantry at 2 points each and 3 tanks at 8 points per panzer so that nets to 172 points.

I'm getting pretty close to done with the Stalingrad project and think, maybe a little break is in order.

Hmmm, what to do next.  maybe something of aquatic nature from a past undertaking?  Why, yes that is the ticket.

11 comments:

  1. Naughty boy Miles! Great work though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I was just looking for attention - its sad in some ways!

      Delete
  3. Always nice to see more of your Stalingrad project, lovely stuff!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sure build us up and them leave us short. Great work anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work Miles! You probably gave Martin a heart attack with the post's title. Question: Why would the PzIIs have less utility with stowage on them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. I purchased 5 of them and there seems to be 2 different casting designs so I've technically got 4 tanks with the exact same "custom" stowage. The sculpting is excellent its just an odd similarity to me. I would have prefered the stowage to be separate little bits that one can toss on as desired. I really like the Peter Pig figures and will get more for my collection but may shy away from the vehicles.

      Delete
  6. Stalingrad goes on apace! A really impressive project, Miles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got me, I thought it was a points nuke.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though it wasn't that big of a pointsbomb even so it's a very cool entry Miles, the terrain looks awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great collection, well done!

    ReplyDelete