Sunday 21 February 2021

From JeremyM: Psykers and Alien Eggs in the Hatchery (60 points)

 So I'm now ready to descend to the next level of the chambers and I'll start this post by paying my dues for the transportation. Now I recall from my very first post in the challenge this year (an ork that I offered to give to PeterD) that Mr. Campbell complained in the comments that no one was giving him anything at that time. I haven't followed everyone's posts to see if that has changed, but perhaps we can rectify that.


I have two imperial guard psykers both are 3d prints. The original is the male, the female is a kitbash I made by reposing the arm, swapping the head, and shrinking the model just slightly.  I recall Curt's Sisters of Battle army was kind of dark grey and red. So the female psyker was meant to reflect those colours and is a gift, while the male is more blue toned and will be added to my guard army. I had a hard time thinning the red paint to go over her red armour so it didn't turn out quite as nice as the blue tone on the other but its passable I think.

And now for my post for the hatchery. Anyone who has seen my other posts will be shocked that with this chamber I'm back to the aliens themed posts. So here are two sets of alien eggs from prodos games.


I decided to go with a green undertone followed by a heavy drybrush of off white. I know the originals were more predominantly white but I kind of wanted the facehuggers that are emerging from within to stand out a bit more, and green seemed like an obvious choice that also showed up in a bunch of inspiration images online.

So that's 4 28mm figures (the eggs already came based and are pretty simple), 20 points for the transport, and 20 for the room putting me at 60 for this chamber.

BUT WAIT PSYCH CURT.... the model is not a gift for you. The other reason I created her was that our dear sorceress Sarah played a psyker a few years ago in a game of Dark Heresy. So guess what Sarah, the female psyker is for you, enjoy!



11 comments:

  1. Haha! Brilliant work Jeremy. I know Sarah will love the Psyker as a memento of our Dark Heresy RPG. Great alien eggs too! I like the green undertone you've gone with here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good looking psychers and horrible looking eggs!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool! Thanks Jeremy ... that Dark Heresy game was fun and Cinder, my pyromaniac-psyker was a “blast” to play!
    🔥🔥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yah I should have looked for some flames to add to her!

      Delete
  4. The psykers look great. I'll be staying away from those eggs though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like what you did the eggs are super creapy looking

    ReplyDelete
  6. The psykers look fantastis, and the eggs too but slightly disconcerting. I guess they could do with some boiling. Brrr.

    ReplyDelete