Monday 8 March 2021

AndrewB - Torpedo Boat!

 Sorry for the delay in posting updates!   Today‘a offering is a Torpedo Boat from Old Glory!  This should fit pretty well with the pulp figures I’ve been painting!




This is the first time I’ve tried the streak-type weathering, and I’m not exactly sure if I’m sold.  More improvement is needed.  The missing starboard rope post managed to remove itself during painting(and I used the last of that gauge copper wire making them), and magically disappear forever under my hobby station, despite getting on my stomach to look everywhere.  Thus, I painted the hole to look minorly damaged, and tied the ropes in a more haphazard fashion than the rest.  

I wasn’t exactly sure how to paint vessels of this era, but for a boat to be used by random forces in faraway colonies, it should work fairly well. 

I believe 28mm vehicles are usually scored at 20pts, like my African Queen.   That’s a pretty dismal accomplishment for a few weeks without a submission, but with some basing being on the docket for a large number of Ardenne Germans, I should be looking up in the last two weeks. 

Happy Painting!

6 comments:

  1. Excellent looking torpedo boat! You seem a bit short changed at 20 points!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done Andrew, and I am sure many, many Challengers will relate to the experience of a component/piece disappearing into the floor forever! Carpet, hardwood - it doesn't matter, the Hobby Gods have taken the component and now it is gone!

    That said, now that you have painted the model, the missing piece will turn up...just the laws of the Hobby Universe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking TB. Let us know when the missing bit appears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rope barriers reallyu sell the model and it will go great for pulp!

    ReplyDelete