Monday 8 March 2021

From JamesM: 15mm Cromwells (again!) - 24 Points

Hi folks,

I should be pretty well known, after this many challenges, for sticking with a theme like a dog with a bone... In this case, yet more Russian Uniform green 15mm vehicles. 

Another troop of Cromwells for my 1st Polish Armoured Division project! This is the 2nd of four combat platoons. Don't worry, I'll post a picture at the end of the challenge to prove I'm not just taking different pictures of the same models over and over. 

These are Plastic PSC 15mm Cromwells, painted and decalled up to be a troop from C Squadron, 10 Pulk Strzelcow Konnych (10th Polish Mounted Rifles). This was the Armoured Recce regiment of the Polish division. Painted as part of my Flames of War Normandy project. 






As usual, decals have been applied for relevant the unit and aerials added. Commander model to be added at a later date, and twin aerials help identify the command vehicle. Two more such troops to go for the full squadron, and I hope to get at least one more done before challenge ends - baby permitting!

These three tanks come in at 8 points each, giving 24 for the unit. 


16 comments:

  1. Very smart, James! These look the business, and with really excellent basing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sidney, I try to keep a very consistent basing style across all of my WW2 collection.

      Delete
  2. Your tenacity is commendable James! Brilliant work on these. I really like the level of highlighting that you do on your vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt, I'm very much in Dave D's camp when it comes to collections. The only way to build one up is to maintain your focus! Unfortunately, I don't paint as quickly as he does!

      Delete
  3. Lovely little AFVs James, I’m with Curt on the highlighting. Also the basing is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done. The outlining/highlighting is excellent. Really shows off even in 15mm.
    Keep up the grind.
    BruceR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bruce - I deliberately went for the more obvious contrasting highlight as it does look decent on this scale at 'tabletop' distances.

      Delete
  5. Tanks are always a beautiful sight - well done on these James.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work and laser focus!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a painting plan and everything - plus, if I wonder off piste the size of the mountain boggles my mind. Better to keep eyes down on a set objective!

      Delete