Monday 8 March 2021

BruceR, Chamber of Challenges, The Altar of the Snowlord, 45 pts

"Weel, we enter the Altar of the Snowlard sporting our very best wear."
 
My challenge was to paint jock kilts and here they be.  Close up they are lines and blobs, but 2-3 feet away I feel they look the part.  I've tried to paint them as Seaforth battalion highlanders and hopefully will not give offense to any true kilt counters.  I hope from a distance they pass.  The Scot on the right is a liaison come from another unit/clan to ensure the boys are going the right direction.  Actually, I painted him first, didn't like the scheme so I moved on to another.  Like others here in the challenge I accumulate mountains of lead and I don't repaint, I simply move on to the next in line.  

So here is my offering to the Mighty Snowlard in hopes me jocks meet with his approval. 
The figures are from Pulp Miniatures once again and a simple joy to paint.  They are full of character and of a hefty size for painting, which I frankly love.  This is the Highland Special Weapons bag from the British Empire section.  Fun to break up the color of greens and browns even if not worn in the field.   "So damn you sir, we were attached while on parade with na time to change.  Which way to the enemy."

The lads sport a light machine gun, anti tank rifle, a drum fed Thompson and two revolvers.  What more can a unit ask for in support.  






5 28mm x 5 = 25 pts
Chamber = 20 pts
Total 45 pts

Cheers and thanks for looking.
Stay safe.
BruceR

 

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic work on these well armed Jocks, Brrooose! :) As you say, Bob Murch's stuff is such fun to paint, clearly shown in your work here. Eminently worthy of your prize. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Bruce - any effort related to kilts and tartan is worth acknowledging, and I hope you are pleased with the results here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work! You're a better man than I am, he says gazing at his unpainted Montrose army!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work - inspirational painting as know I was thinking about getting those figures. Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice wee jobbie on these tartan terrors. I'll need your address for your prize. I'll ask the Snowlord to share your email with me. A Jaunty Continental Officer will be on its way.

    ReplyDelete