Monday 8 March 2021

From TeemuL: The Ghosts are coming, Graveyard Beach (90 points)

Uggla was a bit dizzy after the drinks and mirrors with Galanniel and it took him a while, until he realizes, that what he was actually seeing was actually happening. The dizzyness disappeared hastily when adrenaline kicked in to the old man's body and he started running. It was some kind of beach and there was fresh air, but this was the most nightmarish scene he had seen since he got himself lost in to the Chambers. "I'm not a hero enough for this...", he muttered while gasping for air during his sprint to the next Chamber.

My entry for the Graveyard Beach is 14 Dead of Dunharrow, 10 regular warriors, 1 with banner, 2 heralds and 1 king. Ten regulars are from the Pelennor Fields box, banner bearer is a metal blister and the latter 3 came in the box, which was released some time ago to give some hero oprions for the Dunharrow force.

I painted these in the same bluish grey color as the other 20, which I painted two Challenges ago. I had an old Blue Ink from Miniature Paints range, but it seems that it has gone bad. So I had to take almost as old Blue Ink from Citadel and thin it down a lot to get the similar effect. Some of these are more blue than other, because of my mixing during the process. The paint job is very simple, just two colors and he basing, so I guess they would not qualify for a GW event, but they should be ok for this Challenge.

That's 14 ghosts in 28mm for 70 points.

20 points for the room. In the movie there is a strong nautical theme, but that doesn't really follow to these miniatures, so I'm not claiming any bonus points.

These are all GW miniatures, so 70 points on that duel. I counted 8 skulls from the banners and heralds. There are 14 skull-like faces/heads, but some of them are bit ghoulish, so I don't know how to count them.. I'll leave that to Barks.

11 comments:

  1. Nicely done Teemu. The Dead of Dunharrow certainly seem to be crowding the Challenge this year...another sign that I must order that LOTR box myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg! I'm more than happy to spread the LOTR hype. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice work there Teemu! Good to see some more Dunharrow love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most excellent work, Teemu... and a fine skull count as well. Lovely work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll allow 14 skullz- but I'll have to add 20 to Dallas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking bunch of undead! They've certainly been popular on this challenge!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete