Monday 8 March 2021

AdamC: Terrain project for Hangai (5 Points)

 Over the summer my friend Mike Paine did me a service helping with the replacement of some singles on my roof (Mike's a roofer) I tried to pay him but he absolutely refused to accept any payment.  So I decided to get him something for his Hangai game table (a fictional Chinese city).

Here is Mike holding court at his table at one New England convention his table. Here we have my contribution to the table.

These are from Things From The Basement a terrain company run by another friend. It's part of a series of Japanese buildings but should work for Mike's table.
I picked my colors based on some colorized images of china in early part of the 20th century. Yellow with red trim seemed fairly common and I think it came out well. 
I kept the interior simple but a lot could be done here if one is inclined.
This piece is a beacon and could serve as lighthouse for the Hangai harbor. 
This piece is called a Annai-Ban (Bulletin-Board) I think it will be a nice addition to the table. It has some scraps of paper but seem to have missed placed those. 
Finally a little lantern that was a freebie thrown in with my purchase.  

Points it's 8" x 6" x 4" so I would think it should come to about 5 points if my judgment is right but please check my math.




6 comments:

  1. Great gift for your friend Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are terrific, Adam. What an awesome present for Mike... I think these will just look great on anyone's table. Fine work, Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I particularly like the beacon tower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. while the terrain is very good, the story behind it is truly wonderful Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely terrain and great present!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. 8x6x4 should be about a 6" terrain cube, worth of 20 points.

    ReplyDelete