Monday 10 January 2022

From PeteF Fauns land on Vulcan. (140 points)

 

The main part of this goat together is a Hunters of The Wild Unit for my Kings of War Forces of Nature Army. Kings of War is a fantasy mass battle ranks and flanks wargame with a friendly, thriving community. The Pacific Northwest is hosting the US Masters competition in July this year - with the top 8 players from each of 8 regions coming here to play. There'll also be an open "Best of the Rest" tournament so no-one will be left out of the celebration. I'm trying to get new people into the game so I'm building up demo armies for other players to try out. This unit is for anyone who enjoys playing the goat.


Stop me if you've herd this one - the fauns are from a Kickstarter a few years ago - it's a plastic set and I really like herd plastic for massed/multibased troops. I went for speed painting using contrasts to set things up before layering on some of the details. OK from 3 feet butt don't look too close!


As pointy eared forest dwellers they should do for Vulcan, my third planet on the outer ring. Unfortunately I'm behind the pace with life getting in the way of painting this year.  I'll hoof to speed up the output to hit my goal.

I needed 20 fursome Mr or Mrs Tumnuses for the Hunters of The Wild Unit (are they fauning over each other?) which left me with four bow-wielding goat women. I've put them on clear bases for now while I figure out a pruminant solution. 

24 x 28mm infantry = 120 plus 20 for a new planet = 140 points

Squirrel +1 (Total 3)

Skulz 0 (Total 0)

A final Forces of  Nature question from a Christmas cracker: Why did the nymph need so much lotion? She had dryad skin. Er, I'll get my goat.





I must say that I am awfully faund of the collection fauna Pete.  I am a proponent of the 3 feet rule for war-games figures and your work looks much better than that.  besides, properly used these folks aren't going be too visible are they?

You do need a lamp post in a wintery setting and to sculpt a green stuff scarf onto one of these figures.





17 comments:

  1. Very fauntastical! I like the base as well, little pond and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't see too many of these kits out there; well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely fauntasy unit, Pete! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaaa! Stop the word play!

    Lovely minis Pete. So finely sculpted and you've done a great job. The brown Contrasts work really well on these.

    You need a Henry Winkler in there as their leader, because, well he was THE FAUNZ... Aaayyy!!

    https://youtu.be/zO_sP6ioQYU

    Sorry, couldn't help myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost sorry I missed this one. Almost.

      A Faunz quote: “I’m going in the tent. I came up here with a girl and I’m going to sleep with three grown men that smell like wet wool.”

      Delete
  5. Great work but you will be taken around the back of the chemical sheds

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great, especially the archers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why you’d want to goat, errr, I mean gloat, over this entry. It behooves me to give you credit for the fauntastic brushwork. You can proudly blow your own horn because of this entry. Right, gonna hoof it now.
    Cheers, and well done, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that I see figures I would never see otherwise in this challenge, great work 👏

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent - I'm amazed at the diversity of figures on show here

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone around here is so punny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great stuff, fauntastic!

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Splendid goat type crowd,very nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too many puns... good luck for the tourney!

    ReplyDelete