Tuesday 15 March 2022

A Gentle Reminder for the Sarah’s Choice Award



The weeks of winter have sped by and now we find ourselves in the last few days of the Challenge.

As per tradition, at the end of the Challenge I award a prize for my favourite female figure: The Sarah's Choice Award. The submissions are judged based on my fickle whims and flights of fancy.

To be eligible for consideration in the coveted Sarah’s Choice, entries must be labelled as either 'Sarah’s Choice', or 'Lady Sarah’s Star Yacht'. While this final week could free fall into complete anarchy, please take a moment to ensure that your entries are properly labelled for consideration.

Hmm, I wonder if a more statistics-minded person would figure out how many Sarah's Choice figures have been painted over the years?

Another interesting thought: How many participants had never painted a female figure prior to the Challenge?

Have a great final week everyone!

- Sarah

13 comments:

  1. Interesting questions there. I have painted females before the participating the Challenge and I have painted quite a lot of them during the Challenges, too. None of them of very high quality, but I'm quite proud of the scenery piece Sarah's Hot Air Balloon Landing Site, even though it didn't had any females. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was great bit creativity!
      Has it been used in a scenario?

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately not, gaming has been very scarce lately. :( But I have painted quite a lot of pulpish figures lately, so it might see some action.

      Delete
    3. Yes, very cool for a pulp story!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the reminder - I'd completely forgotten to include the label on some of my posts, so I've just updated them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I wonder if a more statistics-minded person"
    Just say Miles and be done with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have often painted female figures in the pre Challenge days as I like to have civilians in table as movable scenery or objectives etc. I will admit that I’ve been more likely to search out female figures in recent years as part of my pre challenge warm up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I’m immensely pleased that my whim has contributed to your lead buying! 😇

      Delete
    2. It certainly widened my focus and led me to fall down the Bad Squiddo women of WW2 range ( I’m quite surprised that you haven’t headed that way yet).

      Delete
    3. There is always the next Challenge ……

      Delete
  5. Well I have painted a lot of female figures before and during the Challenges but I do like the idea specially since there's so many brilliant miniatures.

    ReplyDelete