Tuesday 15 March 2022

Tamsin's Tremendous Tuesday

 


"Good morning Ladies, Gentlemen...and Ray! Welcome to the final Tuesday of our 3-month exploration of the Challenge XII Quadrant. Before I get on with the main business, just a quick reminder that the Station Master, Captain Campbell, has declared this week to be "free fire" for submission of reports, so you can all...






...however, please note that this simply means that you can submit your exploration reports for attention of the Stewards Department on any day rather than on a specific one. It does not, repeat *NOT* mean that you can publish them yourself."

"OK, that's out of the way, on with the progress update. It seems that all my threats of demonstrating the use of my new whips has had little impact as our explorer guests have only covered 6,240 parsecs in the last seven days (just 110 parsecs more the previous week). It also looks as though someone regretted their pledge level (presumably made after a few too many glasses of Venusian brandy) as our pledge total has dropped from 85,989 to 85,489 parsecs. As we currently stand at 76,504 parsecs explored, that means that we need to cover 8,985 parsecs in the six days remaining, or about 1500 parsecs per day."

"Looking at the exploration reports that have been submitted for approval, I see we have the following:

  • TashaH is doing laps of the Outer Ring
  • TeemuL is putting the ring into the Outer Ring*
  • PhilH shows intelligence on Solaris and then finds a bacon tree on Caprica

It looks as though GaryA and ChrisW should also have reports submitted before the day is out."

"There are no further announcements or notices, so for now I will say..."


Toodle-pip!

Tamsin


*withdrawn as Teemu specifically wants it to be published tomorrow.



8 comments:

  1. Nooooo!!! I don't have anything for today! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your note when I went to "minion" the post - I'm leaving it for Greg to take care of tomorrow, as per your request. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for being my ever gracious minion Tamsin! I have appreciated your friendly and patient answers to my (many) questions! You’ve kept me in line and helped me become a better painter.
    Enjoy your day! One last Team Tuesday hooray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been lovely having you as part of Team Tuesday, and great to see your painting progress. :)

      Delete
  3. Blimey! Ignore my PM - OK read it cos it's relevant.

    Ten minutes ago I couldn't enter a comment in this box, yet now I can. Anyway, didn't intend to add to your workload and thanks for your hard work during the Challenge. I think it all went rather well (yes, I know it isn't over yet, but the Fat Lady is in the wings).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, really! I may have put on a few pounds over the last couple of years but I'm hardly "fat"! *lol*

      Cheers! It's been good hosting you on Team Tuesday! :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a good day Tamsin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good, thanks! :)

      And now it's on with covering for Greg! ;)

      Delete