Tuesday 15 March 2022

From AlexK: Fantasy football and more superheros......and some traffic lights (91 points)

 I have been painting I promise, just not quick enough so it seems! Although it looks like I will fall short of my target this year it feels like it has been a very productive couple of months. My biggest problem has been painting very low points cost miniatures but taking quite a while to get them done (it's almost like I'm my own worst enemy sometimes), but with that said I've found real enjoyment with the figures I have painted and points total aside, this is just what I needed.

The biggest offenders in the low points time sink I find myself in are the Marvel Crisis Protocol miniatures. They are such nice figures it always seems a shame to rush them......so I haven't. For this post I give you some of the more recognisable characters from Marvel in Doctor Strange, Black Widow and Ultron. 




I also found time to do a spot of terrain painting, again for Marvel Crisis Protocol. Hopefully I will never have to paint anymore traffic lights ever again, for anything. Bright yellow can just get in the bin! Points wise I'd say it's a cube or there about.


Finally I have an attempt of mixing 2 of my hobbies, wargames and The NFL. This manifests itself in the form of Blood Bowl. So far I have the first 10 miniatures out of 12 painted. I'm hoping to have the rest done for the end of the challenge along with a few other pieces. These figures were really good fun to paint and it would seem rotten flesh is my ideal painting subject, which is slightly worrying.





So points wise I think I'm good for 10 x 28mm infantry, 3 x 40mm infantry and a couple of hand fulls of 40mm terrain, 71 points plus whatever the terrain is deemed to be worth? (I could do with it being worth about 305 points if that possible, hahaha).

Cheers,
AlexK



Wow! Two Black Widows in one day? And in opposing colour schemes! That's a great set of minis, Alex, and a great set of terrain. I'll go with a cube for the terrain, so that's 91 points for this submission!

Tamsin

9 comments:

  1. I love that Doctor Strange figure! I can see how much attention to detail you’re putting into these figures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some mighty brushwork Alex. Love the Doctor Strange, but really, all of them are brilliant. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spending time on low-point-ratio-minis is acceptable, especially when the output level is this good. It really shows that you have spent some time and used some skills when painting these models.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome looking collection of figures, lovely work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Rotters and Nurgle BB team there Alex - I really enjoyed painting that team myself. Love your colour choice - may they bring you many on field wins :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I particularly like the Dr Strange. The circles of magic look great

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alex:
    Lots of effort in this entry and lots of variety. I really like Dr. Strange.
    I can imagine you working on the traffic lights and singing this to yourself: https://youtu.be/nbRyH6fkee0
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work on all of these!

    ReplyDelete