Tuesday 15 March 2022

From PeterB: Bad Squiddo Action Heroes. (10 points)

A couple of years ago now, I think it was 2019 (I'm not sure, lockdown frazzled my sense of time passing) I was happily perusing the Internet looking at blogs similar to my own and I happened upon the work of that chap we all know as Ray. An open invitation was made to meet fellow bloggers at the Salute wargame show and uncharacteristically of myself, I decided I would make a brave face and go say hello.

The time came and I went to the designated meet up point and saw the group that I subsequently found out included Tamsin, Lee and Ray among others. At first I was unsure of myself and so just walked past, chickening out as it were. But then I turned around and walked back over and introduced myself. At that meet up Ray talked about the Hobby Challenge and suggested I join in. I didn't that year, but have since heard Jasper and Guy and the chaps from WSS also discuss the challenge and I was intrigued. Again at Salute last year I met up with the bloggers group (it was a strange September show, we were all a bit dazed from finally being allowed out to play.) and the challenge was mentioned again. I decided there and then I would bite the bullet once more and said yes, challenge accepted.

So here I am. You are all lovely people, I have never had such sweet comments online about my efforts in the hobby. Thank you to Curt, Sarah and all the Minions for your hard work. (Especially Millsy the Saturday minion who has said such kind words on my posts.) These three months have flown by. I am concerned I am not going to have anything left to paint next year, although I am sure by then the leadpile will be huge again.

Here is most likely my last entry for this year.

Two wonderful action heroes (or heroines?) from Bad Squiddo Miniatures.

Of course one had to have the customary red leather jacket.

I was going to do a big photo of everything I have painted, but I couldn't actually fit it all in a photo (and I couldn't find some of it either, it'll turn up I'm sure.)

So, I shall definitely be back next year. This hobby is a great distraction and you all do it so well. If anyone asks why you spend all your time painting toy soldiers, I shall leave you with a quote from the late great Jim Henson:

No time is wasted time.


A great pair of lady adventurers, Peter! I'm so glad that we did manage to convince you to join in this year. I'm quite sure, based on personal experience, that your lead pile will be magically replenished in good time for next year!

Tamsin

8 comments:

  1. I love the red jacket, such fun figures! Good luck replenishing the lead pile, although something tells me that you won’t have too difficult a time with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Peter. Y’all come back now, y’here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pair of ladies, this seems to be a day of dynamic lady duos. :) It has been nice to see your painted minis and usually after the Challenge ends, every one can post a final post with a photo of him/herself (if dares) and all the painted minis, so there's still a chance for you to post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid looking pair of heroines!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice figures and painting ... good one to finish on?

    Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, a parcel from Perry Miniatures has just hit the mat! The lead pile begins again.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Peter:
    It's been lovely to meet you through this year's AHPC. Always glad to see Annie's minis so well painted.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete