Tuesday 15 March 2022

From Phil: T’Challa’s Ambush at Caprica (27 Points)

We land at Caprica, where I’m back to my new Marvel Crisis Protocol project with another Avenger: T’Challa aka Black Panther. And one who got a way better film, a fun romp with some great afrofuturist design and in my view one of the best of the MCU.



I tried out a new method on the black, using a ‘chromatic black’ technique from mixing Liquitex artist’s inks to make a heavily pigmented black-purple and airbrushing over a zenithal base. I picked this up from the ‘NotJustMecha’ YouTube channel and wanted to give it a try. I thought the purple as a royal colour would be great for this King of Wakanda.


The detailing on the bodysuit was a bit soft, and something of a pain to pick out. It’s also my first real try at non-metallic metal, a choice I might regret if I keep it up over the range (looking at you, Ironman). 

That’s another 27 Points to my tally and I’ve nearly finished my trip around the Outer Ring. 


That's a great looking super, Phil. The airbrushed inks over zenithal priming is a handy technique and I think you've nailed it with this figure.

Tamsin

13 comments:

  1. Ignore my comment on your previous post. You have managed to successfully make an all dressed in black model look cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some really precise detailing on this chap Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The effort you have used really pays off, very nice mini again, Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the purple details which somehow enhances the deep black.
    Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a great looking figure, Phil. Very well painted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very stylish panther, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like what you did with the black and purple. Fantastic brushwork.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Splendid looking super hero!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice painting on unusual figure - thanks!

    Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome 😎 the textures really worked out well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, there's a lot to see and admire in what first appears to be a very simple figure, well done.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete