Tuesday 15 March 2022

From MartinC: Saxon Horde(ish) (135pts)

 So I'm still suffering the after effects of covid. I'm never more than 10 minutes away from having a nap. I've done some more painting, but not a lot, by my standards. Also I'm towards the very end of the planned painting for the challenge but I'm out of bases and the delivery is late.


Saxon skirmishers, not sure of the make they were 2nd hand

some random spearmen


16 of the figures had the same pose so I made them a Huscarl regiment. The shield is the Northumbria flag

Scores on the doors - 27 x 28mm inf = 135pts.

There may be 1 more post before the end, but right now I need a nap



Sorry to hear that you're still suffering the (after?)effects of Covid. Hopefully you'll be back to full fitness very soon.

You've run out of bases? That's bad planning. Still, the figures look good! 

Tamsin

15 comments:

  1. I do hope your recovery picks up and the napping becomes a leisure activity rather than a necessary one. You’ve still done a smashing job with these figures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice regiment, Martin and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice work on these Saxons. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking Saxons Martin, love the shields. Don’t knock a good nap and take car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking dark age tyres, I found naps were an essential part of covid recovery!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take care - loving the Saxons and new info received about the Northumbrian flag - thanks!

    Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, long live Northumberland (although I'm originally from Staffordshire)

      Delete
  7. Hi Martin:
    I do hope you're feeling better by now. Those Saxons are full of grit and determination, I'm sure they're not having any Norman Nonsense.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete