Monday 4 March 2024

From PeterB: More Aussies and more Second Edition plus the boat (87 points)

My other painting challenge continues as well. For February I kept it simple by painting a couple of transport and a Mortar team.

I foolishly forgot to write down my paint recipe for these. Luckily a bit of looking back over my test photos I managed to work it out. I wrote it down this time. 

Then back to the library, last time I was in the Nature stacks. So, across to the Art stacks. What better than the native art of the humble Space Ork. 

I have been enjoying sticking back banners on my 2nd Edition project with the help of some home printing. This time though, I thought I would have a go at painting one myself.


I spent most of the week on just this one model. Once again trying to recreate a second edition look. The trickiest was the checks on the shoulder pads, although by the time I had finished them I was actually quite enjoying the challenge.

My 2nd edition Orks now have a proper leader.

Back across to the centre section.  I have one stack left to tick off. I have been avoiding this one, but whilst hunting for old Space Marine models I found a boat. This is from Cruel Seas, although I am not sure what boat it is.


This does hopefully give me the Marine category.

The scores

2 locations. 2 x 20 = 40pts
3 x 20mm infantry. 3 x 4 = 12pts
2 x 20mm vehicles. 2 x 15 = 30pts
1 x 28mm infantry = 5pts
1 1/300 scale boat? (Not sure on the points for this?) = 6 pts

Total = 87pts (plus the boat.)
 
TOTAL = 93 pts.
 
 Sylvain: Some crazy Aussies, a savage Ork and a slick boat. All your miniatures are nicely painted and there is a nice variety of them. I checked the Challenge precedents for 1/300 boats and 6 points seems right. A very nice miniature harvest for you!
 
 

21 comments:

  1. Nice looking Aussies but the ork banner makes for a perfect 2cd edition Ork leader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these 2nd edition treats! How did you end up doing the checks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barks. The checks were literally done by careful brushwork. I didn't even do guide lines, just two pairs of glasses and steady hands. (With some corrections done on the way.)

      Delete
  3. Great work on the Ork banner and Aussies but I'll admit I like the PT boat the best of your entries. It looks ready for action. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob. Maybe I will be tempted to look into the rules.

      Delete
  4. Excellent stuff all around. Another check mark for the checkers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work all around. Windows on the trucks and the checks are superb. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Orc in checks - nice fashion, should be on the high street in 2025 then

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, fashion does come in cycles. Maybe 90s look is back? 😉

      Delete
  7. That Orc biss is oozing old school goodness...really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sander. I definitely wouldn't have been able to paint it like that when it was first around.

      Delete
  8. What's not to love about this post! Great looking aussies. Fabulous retro 40k Ork and good Cruel Seas MTB.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, I love that Orc boss. All those cheques must have been a challenge in of themselves! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work on the Aussies mate. Good to see I'm not the only one who forgets to make notes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Millsy. I have them noted now in my handy little book. Just have to not lose the book now.

      Delete
  11. That's a great effort Peter - great work on the boss

    ReplyDelete