Monday 29 December 2014

AaronH - 28mm Santa from Foundry (5 Points)

This next entry was something I whipped out on Christmas day.  This model came free from Foundry last year, when I ordered the Curtgeld.

Santa's not hearing any of your crap!
The model was a quick paint.  Simple but loaded with character.

The snow is OK.  Not great but it'll do.
The snow is GW's.  I'm not really sold on it, but I have a container of it to use up now.  I'm not really sure what I'll do with this model now, but it was fun to paint.

From Curt:
Great work Aaron! I like his quartered shield design and it's good that you didn't go overboard with the snow. You could have a scenario of him guarding his home in the North Pole from raiders. He looks like he should be standing in a doorway saying, 'And I've heard you've been very naughty...' His 'elves' could be bad@ss Jomsvikings and Mrs. Santa a formidable shield maiden...


12 comments:

  1. I would not wish to be on his Naughty List.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does look like it might be unpleasant.

      Delete
  2. "He's going to chop once,
    He's going to chop twice,
    He don't give a damn,
    If you're naughty or nice,
    Santa Claus is viking today"

    Lovely paintjob Aaron :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tamsin. For both the compliment and the song.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Ray. It's about as close as I get to decorating for the holiday. That's SWMBO's cup of tea.

      Delete
  4. Nicely done and as Ray says Very seasonal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is not very happy! Great painting work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the big guy,

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work! I really like the sheild! I'm a little nervous as his elves seem to be hiding someplace...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work.
    Now I want to see Viking Santa at the shopping malls across the land!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like him. I too now have a tub of GW snow to use up. Bought after the Cold round of course.

    ReplyDelete