Monday 29 December 2014

From BrendonW - 28mm Wars of the Roses Archers (60 Points)


Plastic Perry 28mm Bowmen from one of the War of the Roses Plastic sets. I built these 12 to be a unit for Lion Rampant. Really good set to build with a variety of poses possible and some great detail. Not the best photos really. I think I will take future photos inside. I tried these ones outside and I am not very satisfied with them. 


Over there.

They follow the Red and Black (actually Panzer Grey) scheme and had Army Painter strong tone dip applied with a brush on them. That was followed by matt varnish and highlights. I used khaki to add some mud on knees etc. Hopefully they become a fearsome unit of legend on the tabletop.

No. Behind us.
The other side? I think we are surrounded.
From Curt:Another wonderful Wars of the Roses entry. Nice and clean work Brendon and the black and red livery is very sharp indeed. I don't know what the weather was like when you photographed these but I find cloudy days work best for outside shooting - diffuses the light and limits shadows. Nonetheless, these look great. Well done!

12 comments:

  1. Stop it.... These keep tempting me.... Nice job..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smashing work on these Brendon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the red an back livery - very nice work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look great. I received the Lion Rampant rules for Christmas and was considering buying these exact models for that rules set. I guess this swings it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. The livery is very nice indeed. Great work on the red and the Panzer grey has really paid of as well. Just a great unit and certainly, as Dave says, they're something of a temptation to get into the period :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any chance of a group shot at the end of all this army? I figure they look good as small units they will look amazing as a whole army. Nice workmanship on every one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice and sharp, a great bunch

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone. They are great figures to build and paint and Lion Rampant is a great rule book. Army images is a great idea but I have more figures and units to complete yet. Hopefully the monsoon will arrive soon and the days get dark and rainy. Might be worth taking some photos outside then. Cheers all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really liking your efforts with the Perry minis for this force. Although they serve only to make want some of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliantly done. I like this entry a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice work. The colours used really work well and complement each other nicely.

    ReplyDelete