Thursday 2 January 2020

KenR Ready - 28mm Italian Wars Crossbows 81 points


The second entry of the week for me and a hark back to last years challenge. You may recall the huge Italian Wars Project I did last year, following the massive push to get it done I had a bit of a painting block post March 19, hence I have a small number of units which were primed and planned for last year but not started.


So here we have a unit of 16 x 28mm Perrys Miniatures Crossbow mostly from the plastic Mercenaries Box Set but there are a couple of metal figures and some head swaps too. They are based in 4s in open order which is how our rules work and will be used as an Independent unit of shot.


The flag is from The Company of Leopard who were a mercenary company from the 14th Century, a 100 years before my army, but it's a great flag and I wasn't going to waste it !

16 x 28mm foot figures at 5pts a piece should be 80 points plus one for the flag netting me 81 points.


I managed to finish these off inbetween the tanks of the first two entries and I have a small unit of 16 Landsknechts on the go now who are needed for a larger pike block. Saturday is Tank Day when I start that weeks Tank quota, any time left in the week before the next Tank Day is free to get other stuff done (that's the plan !). See you next week for some more armour hopefully both early war Desert and Italian Wars.


Ken your Italian Wars project has been a thing of beauty and really inspirational. These are really great and make me think about becoing a Condottieri.



26 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love these, Ken. I have a few Italian Wars units on deck and hope they come out as nicely as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Curt, looks like it could be a trend 😉

      Delete
  2. Lovely work as always Ken. I don’t have any Italian wars on the workbench yet...

    Fully agree on the flag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Peter, if thaas paid brass for it, it's bloody well getting used, ey

      Delete
  3. Great work Ken. Your Borg-like painting planning stands in contrast to such an artful result...I do recall the Italian Wars project of last year, and it is great to see it continue!

    That said, looking forward to the "Tank Quota" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work, Ken. Can't wait to see the Landsknechts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Tamsin, I can't wait to see the back of the Landsknechts either 😁

      Delete
  5. Here you go doing it again, Ken - reminding me of all my unpainted Italian Wars figs, and showing us how it should be done! For me you can forget the tanks and just produce more units like this one (though i'm quite keen on the desert war, too, so I bet you'll be inspiring me there, too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Noel, my Italian Wars Project has got pretty big, but I think there will be 4 or 5 more units done in the challenge, Tanks, loads of Tanks coming up !

      Delete
  6. Lovely crossbow unit and I'm with you on the flag! I have got some Italian wars figures primed, whether they get finished is another matter!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain, didn't you promise some Italian Wars last year 😉

      Delete
  7. Beautiful work - Italian Wars provide so many interesting units.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those colours are really nicely done, excellent stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look excellent. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wooo, flash back.
    Lovely work as ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul, it's like an old favourite playing on the radio.

      Delete
  11. I fondly remember your fantastic project from last year, very nice to see some additions! These are just as great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, always handy to have a fall back project 👍

      Delete
  12. They look excellent! Great continuation from last year.

    ReplyDelete