Thursday 2 January 2020

From AlexS: tanks (24 pts)

Hi everyone, my name is Alex and before the New Year I succumbed to the spirit of universal hysteria and bought myself several models of tanks. It turned out that I was not the only one in our community, my friend also bought models, and we found the rules, which were translated in Russian as “And my dad is a tanker”, although in the original they are called “What a tanker”. Today I ate last year's salads, and decided to paint several models, and the day after tomorrow we will play.


We decided to play the campaign in Africa, because we know almost nothing about it, and at the same time we will get the opportunity to read books and watch films on this topic. We are given the opportunity to find out who Rommel is, what do rats and Italians have to do with it. Wargame is a great opportunity to learn new things, isn't it?


I am not very happy with the result of painting - at first I made very bright and beautiful tanks, I drew markings with my hand, but then I decided to make them a little more realistic. And they turned out dirty. I am not very happy with the result, although on a good table they will look organic. Maybe I’ll make the next tanks more “cartoony” with bright colors. I’ll think, especially since not many tanks are needed for the game.


points:

3x15mm tanks = 24 pts

Hi Alex, these tanks look good to me, although a cartoon version of What a Tanker sounds interesting. Think Kelly's Heroes with shells filled with paint

9 comments:

  1. Great post, Alex. Your tanks look great and I hope you enjoy your upcoming game of 'My Dad Was A Tanker!' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alex! I loved this post. And do not worry at the results on your tanks...I think we are always our own worst critics - these look great. The only downside is that, as newly painted models, they will likely get blown up almost instantly!

    On the plus side, those tank rules allow for several games in one evening, so you can get the "new miniature curse" out of the way quickly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your tanks Alex, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice tanks, Alex :)

    "What A Tanker!" is a fun set of rules.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be perfectly happy with any tanks I painted that came out like these, Alex. Though I like the idea of "cartoony" tanks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice looking trio of tanks! Wargaming provides almost endless impetus for research I find too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are great - and you're right about wargames being a great (and fun!) way to learn about history.

    ReplyDelete