Thursday 2 January 2020

MilesR: Aztecs for Mudry's Mesa 130 Points

 My submission for Mudry's Mesa is part 1 of a likely series of Aztec themed submissions.  In accordance with the rules of Mudry's Mesa, these figures where purchased on Dec 20th.  I'm planning to use them for pulp games and a ww1 version of my DAK & Dragons game, tentatively tilted ANZACs and Aztecs.  I had planned to run that game at Cold Wars this year but need to delay that for business reasons.
This group of 20, 28mm figures from Eureka are all Novices, there's a similar number of more elaborately festooned warriors to come.  The figure quality is so-so and I would have a hard time recommending them.  It's a very old line from Eureka and that shows in the casting.  They're really 32mm figures so are very well fed Aztecs compared to other 28mm figures
I really like the slingers and think this batch will serve nicely as ambushers in a future pulp game.

These twenty chaps should net me 100 points, which goes to 130 with the bonus on passing through Mudry Mesa

On to Rousell's Sandhill!







Enough, Ok. Just stop! I'm so shell shocked that I got these 2 posts the wrong way round. More great work from the Demon Painter of New England. Well done


11 comments:

  1. Nice Meso Americans, Miles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on those models, I hope we get to see some more Aztec submissions soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Miles. Have you not been sleeping to pump out all of this stuff? Are you mainlining espresso?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool and unique figures, Miles. They may have their issues but they look lovely all painted up.

    AND look at all those lovely jungle bases... ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh there will be more Jungle pieces this Challenge and I suspect some will find their way North

      Delete
  5. The models look very good to me, and different! I also sucribe Curt's comment, what a lovely scenery

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another excellent entry, Miles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely bunch of chubby Aztecs!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete