Thursday 2 January 2020

From MilesR: Burches Bluff Space Marine, 35 points

 My second stop along the path of the new shiny is Burche's Bluff.  The toll for passage through this enchanting vista is a 40k themed entry and nothing is more 40K than a Space Marine.  I've painted this chap up to match my Space Wolves Kill Team unit.  Kill Team is one of those game systems I jumped into and then discovered it wasn't for me.  I'm sure none of you have ever made that mistake.  Still painting up GW figures is always fun, so I was very glad to have the excuse.
Not the most detailed of paint jobs but it will be servicable on the table top and I like my Space Marines to be grimy and grim which matches the rather brooding overtones of the whole genre.
The basing is very generic as this figure will be one of my donation figures for the Challenge and I plan to customize the basing to match whatever the recipient wants.
This figure was a nice break from 15mm Nappy's.

I suspect there "may be" a few more Challenge Island post from me over the next few days......










Nice work on this chap, like my space marine types to to black and dusty as well. 

8 comments:

  1. Looks great Miles. Yeah there’s a few dead ends in my lead pile too.
    A “few” more challenge locations - you mean all of them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love him Miles! Great stuff. That is a classic "Beakie" Space Marine, a true character of the grim and dark far future. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking space marine!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some absolutely classic mark 6 space marine armour there - The "Beakie" was the original and best.

    ReplyDelete