Thursday 2 January 2020

JezT - Later Persian Light Infantry - 42 points

Dear All

First post to the challenge for me and great to be back. To be honest I have not done any real figure painting since the last challenge, so another chance to get figures painted to play with for the rest of the year. Again I am going for a modest 500 points which will all be 25 mm.

This year I am trying to "consolidate", so my entries should be a range of small groups that finish off an existing project. This first post is a perfect example of that as it continues straight on from last year and finishes off a 25 mm Late Persian army based for Basic Impetus rules. I needed a couple of light infantry bases to provide an alternative option to fielding a second Greek heavy infantry.





There are just 8 figures in total. The first base has the more uniform yellow tunic. The second below  has a mixed colour scheme with the crescent shield style. The figures are Wargames Foundry but the newer Steve Saleh designed figures.




So just 40 points to get me started.

Welcome back, glad to see you back at the brushes. These are lovely and a nice way to complete an Impetus army, really hate Impetus (sorry). An extra couple of points for the hand painted shields and standard

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Jez. I like the shields and the polka dotted tunics. Have you seen the plastic Persians from Atlantic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Jez. "Impetus" is a rule-set I am tempted to try, something the Challenge participants always seem to inspire...well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Persians - shame that they'll be on the wrong side of the Granicus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice looking Persians!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete