Thursday 2 January 2020

DaveS - Prepare for Landing on Reidy's Reef

So, my Challenge this year was supposed to start by getting my ACW force for Sharp Practice painted. So what better way to do that than to start by painting up a force of US Pacific Theatre Marines.  These have been sat on the shelf with the single, painted squad that I have for a while, primed but no further.  When I was looking for which models I could use for the nautical theme, I thought that nothing said Nautical more that Marines fighting to take islands in the Pacific.  They were bought for Chain of Command, and the units are organised for that game.





I really enjoyed getting these painted up.  Again, it's a simple, quick, tabletop ready paint job, but en-masse, I think that they look ok.  Certainly better than the grey plastic that they started at.  This might have motivated me to get the rest of this force finished.  I have the 2 BAR teams for these units to paint, and then some leaders and another squad with 3 BARs.  That would give me a basic force, but I keep looking at landing craft, and special weapon teams, and all the other shinies that can go with it.....

I've also been thinking about the prize Mini.  When looking through the pile of models, I found one labelled "Hero's Reward".  Nothing says "Prize" like a pile of gold.  So I have taken the opportunity to get that painted as well.


So that should be
    14x28mm Figures = 70
    Reidy's Reef = 30
    Prize Figure bonus = 25
    Points for the Prize model = 10

Making a rather tidy 135

Love these marines, they look rough, tough and hard to bluff. I've no idea how big the pile of gold is so I've awarded it 10pts.The prize pile is really cool by the way

13 comments:

  1. Mmm gold! Looking cool with those Marines, would be a shame if some Japanese showed up any time soon tehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work on the marines. Your idea for your reward model made me chuckle, it looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. If the USA had used those BARs in South Carolina instead of the South Pacific, they could’ve wrapped up the ACW in1861.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACW on the top of the list. Completely ignored in favour of US Marines. Yup, I know this 'focus' oh, so well. Great job on the Island Raiders and I really like the Golden Horde. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Marines look good indeed

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many weapons...and yet I expect Reidy's Reef will hit them hard...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking marines and nice hoard!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work! I like the marines and the stash of gold is great!

    ReplyDelete