Thursday 2 January 2020

From JamieM - Epic 30k Assault Detachment Burch's Bluff (75 points)

Having (mostly) recovered from the "teensy sky dive" out of Sarah's Balloon, I found myself in the wilds of Burch's Bluff, a place notorious for the many, many rulesets roaming wild in the area, the miniatures of many different scales for the same period living side by side and the odd signpost reading only "Horus for Hope"..... spying only a local hermit who seemed to be painting tiny little figures, I decided to make like I was in Rome and join in!


This submission consists of 8 bases of  Imperial Fist Assault infantry for Epic 30k.  The figures are from Vanguard Miniatures from the "Defeat in Detail" range I think and look enough like 30k marines to do the business.



"Why Imperial Fist Assault troops?" I hear you ask..... well, a couple of reasons.  Firstly, I've had these figures lying around for a while, ever since Greg's Epic 30k forays got me interested in Epic stuff again as a matter of fact.  But then I had to decide on a legion.  By happy coincidence, I have absolutely fallen in love with the Iyanden Yellow Contrast paint by GW and I knew Greg had an epic scale Imperial Fist force.



I decided to therefore kill three birds with one chainsword and after a quick visit to the EpicAU website to look at the army lists, I proceeded to paint them using my new favourite colour, get the points for visiting Burch's Bluff and also provide this detachment as my "Challenge Gelt" figure.  I've also let Greg know that I'll be sending them over to join his forces fighting for the benevolent Emperor against Horus' dastardly villains.



As it's tricky to get details into 6mm figures, they got three sergeants with red helmets and a chaplain to encourage into the fray in his trademark black armour and skull coloured helm.

At 0.5 points per figure I make it 20 points for the figures, plus 30 points for the location, plus 25 for the challenge figure.  I think I spy Mudry's Mesa in the distance and may well head there next....

These are really nice, the yellow really makes them pop. I know nothing about Epic but I'm sure that on the field these will look suitable Epic. Smart use of location and Curtgeld gives you 75pts

10 comments:

  1. These Devastators look superb, Jamie. I know Greg will be delighted with them ONCE he's challenged the summit of SnowLord's Peak. Mwahahaha! Ahem. Sorry about that. Got a little carried away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of epic in the first two weeks of this Challenge...

    Nice work, Jamie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure what they are, even after the explanation? But they look pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right, rubbish lack of explanation on my part.... these are the lunatic marines who strap on jump packs, grab close combat weapons and skip as fast as they can into the enemy lines to punch them in the face. The teeny tiny nature of the figures didn't help show that either!

      Delete
  4. They look great, the yellow contrast paint has worked a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I with Ray on this, confused but they look great. A great gift for Greg too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! I love it! Many thanks Jamie! These fellows will look fabulous as they mount their (obviously foolish) defence of the so-called "Emperor"...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work on these little fellas. The yellow works well on them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking assault marines!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete