Sunday 27 December 2020

From RobP: Codsticker's First Submission: Negavolt Cultists (20 pts)

 Hello all, this is my rookie appearance in the APC but I have followed it for years and missed registering last year 'by that much'.

    My first entry is 4 Negavolt Cultists from the Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress basic game. 


I started these on the 21st but didn't get much painting time in between the 24th and 26th with family stuff going on. Today I was able to finish them off.

Like most (all?) GW figures there is a lot of detail on these minis; I may regret my choice to try and get through the remainder of my Blackstone Fortress models as part of the challenge.


Actually, looking at the pics, I'm not sure why they took so long...😕

Next up something simpler I think; possibly a unit of Norman warriors for my Saga warband or some boats to float around the aquafer in...


14 comments:

  1. Great looking cultists. They've really gone all in on that techno-rave look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work Rob! I painted these same fellas this past summer and, while fiddly, were quite fun to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work. Welcome on board, the buffet car is towards the rear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome indeed, you might have inspired me to paint my own cultists this Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great! Welcome to the challenge. Those cultists are a pain in the Tuckus to face in BSF, especially when they are grouped together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, good to know. I haven't actually played the game yet. MY goal was to have all the figures painted before actually starting.

      Delete
  6. Cool! Hadnt see these before (but just getting back to GW stuff this year so.. ) Great work here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking bunch of cultists!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another gap in my gaming knowledge is filled, I have no idea what these do or where they came from but they look ace 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone for the kind welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks Barks. I have enjoyed your BSF posts and have looked to them for inspiration.

      Delete
  11. Strange guys but a lovely paintjob. I like the way you used your colours to give them both their uniqueness and a sense of belonging to the same unit!

    ReplyDelete