Sunday 27 December 2020

From JezT: Week One - "Starter for 10" Russian Napoleonic

 Hi All 

My first post for this years challenge and just a single mounted Russian Napoleonic Officer to get me going. Although this is my 5th year of  this great Challenge experience this is the first ever Napoleonic figure posted! My Russian army has been pretty redundant but I have re-started playing Blucher and now decided to rebase my 28mm figures for Blucher use - I'll probably use them in Blucher 200 point type pick up games which you can easily play in a couple of hours. 

This figure is  a Wargames Foundry odd mounted commander I had. 



 It is just the one mounted figure painted but especially wanted to do this to complete the rebasing of a  Russian Jaegers brigade - I think having the mounted commander just adds more to the base. 


Week one completed and just 10 starter points for me. 

Cheers Jez


12 comments:

  1. Lovely looking Russian command! Good luck with your Napoleonics, I hope to join you sometime!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the commander, agree adding a mounted officer into a unit of foot does add to the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I hope we see more Napoleonics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Jez! You broke the duck with your first Napoleonic figure for the Challenge - Bravo! 28mm for Blucher? Very cool. I use 3mm, but big blocks of 28s would look very neat on the tabletop. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Jez. I like adding a mounted officer to the odd infantry unit too,.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work - Blucher is an excellent game - one I've been able to play online this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice looking officer. The base full of troops looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice stuff, and I like making the commander part of the unit base. Looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Up and running Jez that's the main thing 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice work and good to have started

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think he looks great amongst foot!

    ReplyDelete