Sunday 27 December 2020

From PaulSS: [Hall of Traps] Major Hogan (35pts)

 

Hall of Traps: A figure or unit which is trapped, stuck in a trap, snared, or lying in wait. Watch your step, Challengers!

Major Michael Hogan is a little early for my Hundred Days forces, Bernard Cornwell had killed him off in the Peninsular, but I thought Wellingtons trusted Exploring Office would be good as both a trapper and trappee.

Major Hogan has to both counter the machinations of Pierre Ducos and at the same time attempt to snare the French army at a disadvantage, whether it is gathering intelligence or liaising with Spanish guerillas. 

Maj. Michael Hogan: "It ain't justice, Richard, but politics, and like all politics it ain't pretty, but well done it can work wonders."

This is a lovely model sculpted by Paul Hicks for Brigade Games and really captures Major Hogan as played by actor Brian Cox in the Sharpe TV series.



One foot and one mounted figure with the location bonus should snare me 35 points.

28mm Napoleonics Duel Totalizer: 4 mounted, 3 foot

20 comments:

  1. Oooh now I need to rewatch Sharpe's rifles again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul. Well done. Reminds me I painted the Maj a foot and have the mounted model somewhere. Need to add to my pile for SP2. Cheers. Bruce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bruce, I do hope to use mine in some SP2 too.

      Delete
  3. Great looking figure. Well done Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on 5he figure. Love the mutton chops and the blue you’ve used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, when I do the post on Scrivsland later I'll likely add the recipe.

      Delete
  5. Nice paint job, and a good story behind the model! Best of both worlds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pair of figures!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice; I’ve been mulling over whether or not to dive into Sharpe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's well worth a trawl of the Brigade Games range if you do.

      Delete
  8. Good looking pair of figures, and very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete