Sunday 27 December 2020

From PaulSS: [The Pit of the Pendulum] Stocks (22pts)

The Pit of the Pendulum: Paint something torturous, terrifying - or just something with a slowly descending pendulum-blade… swoosh…swoooooshhhh….. arrrghhhh!!

I was at a loss as how to fulfil this location with something suitably Napoleonic (no matter how tenous) and drew a blank, fortunately a trip to my local game store turned up a cornucopia of torture implements that may fit the bill.


These are a pair of stocks from the Wizkids Deep Cuts range.

Stocks may have mainly fell out of use by the Napoleonic times, but there is a record of their use in the UK as late as 1872, so they may feature in some of our games.


They are a pretty simple paint job, so I think probably only worth a point a piece, plus the location bonus for a total of 22 points.


18 comments:

  1. Simple paint job it may be but the wood grain looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, they should make for fun table dressing in a wide range of periods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Paul. If you added leg shackles you’d have a portfolio of stocks and bonds.
    I’ll see myself out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to skip this chamber as I had nothing that came to mind to fit it. But seeing all the options now, I should have looked harder. These look perfect for it though and great paint on them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely job,I could do with some of these to stop my lads running off 😂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking pair of stocks!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. A handy few pieces of atmospheric terrain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent pair of stocks! No exchange necessary.

    ReplyDelete