Sunday 27 December 2020

From JonathanO: Finnish snipers - Hall of Traps (40 points)

 Hello fellow challengers.  I am very happy to be back for my 6th challenge.  I have really enjoyed all the posts so far.  It is about time I got some points on the scoreboard myself!  I had the route and all the models for the various Chambers of Challenge locations figured out before the start of the painting challenge.  Some of my ideas are similar to many others that have already been posted.

My entry for the Hall of Traps consists of some Winter War Finnish snipers and anti-tank gunners - lying in wait for Soviet invaders.  These are 28mm figures by Baker Company.  I am not sure why, but I actually find painting white uniformed figures quite hard.  These took much longer than I thought they would.  

This group adds a few more figures to my growing forces for the Winter War.  I plan to use Chain of Command rules, but may also try Bolt Action.







 

The prone figures are just worth half points, so this should give me 40 points including the location bonus.

Scott has challenged me to be first to reach our 800 point target.  The winner (probably Scott) gets a painted figure from the loser (likely me).  As an added incentive to actually hit my target this time, I have agreed to paint a vehicle or group of figures for Scott should I fail!  Back to the brushes!

10 comments:

  1. Looking very good. A fascinating 'little war' and one I'd like to explore myself at some point in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, the white uniforms look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking snipers and a worthy entry on the Traps theme. Good luck on your side duel, I’m in a couple of similar no hoper duels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Jonathan
    You missed a trick by not just photographing your white backdrop and claiming that you had painted 20 Finnish snipers and challenging anybody to "prove me wrong"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Scrivs on this one, missed opportunity there 🤣
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking winter war Finns!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. A nasty collection of marksmen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They may have been hard to do, but definitely worth the effort. They look great!

    ReplyDelete