Sunday 27 December 2020

From DrQ: Onto the Chamber of Darkness! (50 points)

So for the Chamber of Darkness I've painted up a fellow who is familiar with the monochrome grey palette of the Underdark: a duergar warrior.



This guy is from the new Reaper Bones Black line (which is of course fitting for the locale as well). In generally the new Bones recipe is much better than the first generation of these miniatures, which are extremely bendy and somewhat hydrophobic. 

Additionally, I've finished up my first five Ork Boyz. 


The painting is really basic here. The colour scheme is still a work in progress, but I think I can successfully paint another 85 or so of these Boyz without losing my mind.The meta right now is to run your Greentide as Evil Sunz, and hence the red. I wanted the bases to read urban black top, but there might eventually be more to the basing than Vallejo texture paint. For now I'll call these 'finished.' 

As far as points, I've got 20 for the Chamber of Darkness, and 30 for the six 28mm foot soldier, for a grand total of 50 for the post. 

Also, I'm not sure what became of the paint duel for Games Workshop miniatures, but so far I've painted 8 foot soldiers and one vehicle total.

Onto the Aquifer! 

11 comments:

  1. Nice looking grayscale figure and great looking orks!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on these.
    I'm attempting my first Reaper Bone at the moment, yes, bendy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The greyscale figure is very nice and the ork boyz look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent job on the greyscale figure and those Boyz look the business. I look forward to seeing the other 85 come off your paintdesk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice greyscale on the Dwarf. 85 green skins, you’re I. For a long slog, better have lots of green paint.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work.
    I think you have 50 points on the GW score board. 8x 5 points for the infantry and 10 points for the kopta.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work. Having started on my Greyscale figure I know how hard it is, so this guy is excellent. An the Ork Boyz are cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. More grey awesomeness and some decent green stuff too 👌
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete