Wednesday 23 December 2020

From DrQ: Whirling Blades (30 points)

Looking at my shelf of shame, I don't have much in the way of a "slowly descending pendulum-blade". However, I do have 15 plastic deffkoptas from a pile of old Assault on Black Reach boxes. So, let's try quickly descending blades of death!






I really don't know if I'll be able to paint up all 15 of these machines this challenge, but the idea of unleashing a squadron of these over the tarpit of ork infantry sounds like a fun strategy when I finally get to play out again. And of course, painted red...





As far as points, I think it's 20 for the Pit of the Pendulum and 10 for the model (it's more the size of a mount than a true vehicle). So another 30 points, and on to the Golem's Haunt!



 

18 comments:

  1. Lovely def kopta,red ones fall faster?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the dice gods will be on our side, and we'll get just to strafe the enemy!

      Delete
  2. Nice chopper! If you get them all painted we need a group shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I mange it, I'll be sure to post a group shot!

      Delete
  3. Lovely crazy flying thing (can you tell I do a lot of GW) 😁
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely! I've got two Kharadron Overlords sky vessels in the queue as well!

      Delete
  4. Those magnificent orks in their flying machines! A very smart take on the Pit of the Pendulum too, 👍!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a bit of a head scratcher until I opened up those old Assault on Black Reach boxes!

      Delete
  5. That is a brilliant Kopta, DrQ! I really like the metallics, especially the rotors. Good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I spent a lot of time working on NMM for my chibi and anime stuff, so I'm trying to get used to metalics again.

      Delete
  6. Very nice Deffkopta. Red'uns do go faster - especially with the help of gravity when they are plunging to the deck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genius, love the image of a wing of these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a Full Metal Jacket scene would be hilarious on the table!

      Delete
  8. Awesome work. Might we see a squadron of Deffkoptas by the end of the challenge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely hoping to knock a bunch of these out!

      Delete
  9. Ha, clever did not think of a chopper.....

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the theme! Totally airworthy. Yes’, one of them will need a mounted speaker to blast opera from.

    ReplyDelete